Thursday, March 25, 2010

Consider a Greatfolding treadmill Equipment Report


longlivezeon2007-img600x450-presentation1 by kathryn48


While it does not have a heart monitor on it, it has all the bells and whistles that make this treadmill a must-have for any enthusiast. Many people feel that the warranty alone is worth purchasing this treadmill. One of the most important factors in using a treadmill to increase your fitness level is the variety of your workouts. exercise treadmillIt is perfectly designed for all kind of body weight and can sustain more heavy duty exercises without any problems. We recommend changing your routine every two weeks. It does not move until you push it with your feet by walking or running. treadmill equipmentSuch innovative designs encourage even the most stubborn homeowners to buy one and keep at home.For someone who's seriously into running and getting the exercise they need, a treadmill is a must to ensure your running schedule is not compromised. Any of the above mentioned treadmills can make a great choice if you are serious about either walking or running your way to fitness. The best treadmills on the market combine an amazing and effective workout, make efficient use of space, and are affordable. There are so many choices today that it's very hard to narrow your decision down to a specific machine. There are all types of treadmill exercise equipment out there.



I would love to see a graph of Anon#15's experiment; Rubik's cube solving time versus treadmill speed! This should be an XKCD strip.



Interesting how different people find different things boring, different things relatively enjoyable, and different levels of synergy between different things (walking running, bike riding... audiobooks/lectures, brainless tv shows, language flash cards). I, for one, enjoy running while listening to the swing/waltz/polka music that I often dance to (I imagine that I am dancing, and this activates the part of my brain that has to creatively improvise moves, so I'm always thinking "What do I do next? No, not that, I did that already" just like when I'm actually dancing to those songs), or walking while listening to audiobooks or NPR podcasts. I did recently buy a treadmill and am experimenting with exercising + TV watching. (So far, it's not as enjoyable. I find myself looking at my watch or at the distance counter more often than when listening to dance music or podcasts). I'm definitely going to try this exercise + language study idea.



Let me point out the following: Some people are saying "physical activity + mental activity" as though "mental activity" only uses up one resource. But that's inaccurate. Just as physical activity can use just the legs, or just the arms (and this means that you can sometimes do two different kinds of physical activity at once, but sometimes not), mental activity may or may not require resources that are also required by some physical activity. This reminds me of one of Feynman's autobiographies where he talks about how some people can count and talk at the same time, and some people can count and draw at the same time, but for each person it tends to be one but not the other, since some people count verbally (saying the names of numbers in their minds) while others count visually (imagining a belt of numbers going by, or a display that shows one number and then the next). So depending on what kind of exercise you like and what mental capacities it draws upon, the mental activity that best synergizes with the exercise might be the one that uses the same mental capacities... or the mental capacities "left over". I wonder which one.



On a somewhat unrelated note: I love RossInDetroit's story (#29) about the required 200m walk to get tech support, and figuring things out yourself on the way. Thinking about how to explain my problem to someone often makes the solution clear. When I'm working through a personal issue I will often write a long email to 1-4 close friends about it, but less than half of those emails end up actually getting sent, because as I write the email it often becomes clear to me what my reasonable friends would advise. It works in my professional life too. My group regularly meets so we can tell each other about our work, issues we have been having, discoveries we have made, etc. (We develop Fracture Mechanics models through lab tests and computer simulations). One could easily dismiss these meetings as a waste of time, having a "Just let me get back to work instead of having to document it and make Powerpoints about it" attitude... but it's always surprising how much progress is made in the week before you have to present. In those meetings we often hear "The project ran into this and that problems a couple weeks ago, but as I was putting this presentation together, it occurred to me to try such and such approaches to overcome those obstacles. That's next on the to-do list".



I've put about 300 miles on my treadmill desk so far and recommend it. But be sure to get good walking shoes and expect at least a week of acclimation. Also, it works well if you mostly type at work, but it's nearly impossible to do any fine work with a mouse or pad. Fortunately, I hardly ever use a mouse.



On a good day, I can get in ten miles while rattling like a maraca on my Unicomp Model M keyboard.



There's a whole Ning community for "Office Walkers" with tips, treadmill and shoe reviews and progress and experience reports. (I'm a member)





There is compact fitness equipment that can help you with your needs at a very affordable price. All treadmills have programs for all individuals no matter what there fitness goals are. If you're like one of the millions of people out there that have wanted to start a better healthy lifestyle, or just simply looking to lose a few pounds, you might want to get yourself a great motorized treadmill. You can get a full 15% incline, allowing you to train well no matter what the weather is like outside. More than just an easy to use machine it comes with full stereo speakers to guide you through whatever kind of sounds you want to workout to. folding treadmillThe main difference of Endurance T10 HRC Treadmill with others is the warranty. When looking for a higher end 'commercial grade' treadmill for your home gym, consider a 'lighter' version of a commercial treadmill model or a home fitness equipment brand that is known for higher end machines. This allows for a larger user weight, and will come with a lifetime warranty against cracks or breakage.Professional gyms have been a popular choice to visit as there are expert trainers that provide classes for proper workout methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment